It’s not every day that you get the chance to work on the home of an international rugby player, so our team was over the moon when the wonderful opportunity presented itself. From the grey and white surfaces and neat finishings to the open design and clean lines, the couple’s newly built home offered an ideal blank canvas to work from – any decorator’s dream!
For their future home, the duo envisioned a contemporary, timeless space, with a warm and inviting ambience. They wanted to keep the look and feel of their home modern, minimalistic and monochromatic, but with warm and personal touches. Both Handré and Marise are originally from Paarl in the Western Cape – they wanted to incorporate some elements of greenery, which remind them of their hometown, into their living space.
Get the look
To achieve the desired interior look, we paired structured, contemporary furniture items with textured fabrics, indoor plants, baskets, ceramics and wood details. We decided on a mix of leather and fabric upholstery for their furniture, which added to the interesting aesthetic of their style. To incorporate touches of nature into their home, a variety of plants were used throughout their living space, focussing mainly on the patio where we installed a vertical garden box and covered a feature table with greenery.
- Riempie bench 1800 x 400 x 450 // Leather: Corrected Grain Ice White
- Straight Leg Table 2400 x 100 // Wood: Blackwood – Natural finish
- Greyton chairs // Fabric: Camelot collection, Cadbury col: linen from Home Fabrics
- Plant holder, plant boxes & home accessories from Incanda
- Ashton Corner Unit 2600 x 2150 // Fabric: Bartlett & Dunster Titanium col: 26
- Clarens Chairs // Leather: Pull Up Pepper
- Oval Coffee Table 1200 x 800 x 450 // Wood: Blackwood – natural finish
- C-shape Coffee Table // Wood: Blackwood – natural finish
- Nguni rug & home accessories from Incanda
- Ladysmith Headboard Plain – Queen // Leather: Pull Up Pepper
- Modern Bedside Table 400 x 400 x 600 // Wood: Blackwood – Natural
- Lamps & scatter cushions from Incanda
Photographer: Larry English Photography